Monday, March 1, 2010

"Polite Persistence"

.
In his column in today’s Bluffton Today, "Polite persistence pays off with stormwater fix", Bill Herbkersman, our representative in the State Legislature, takes credit for “20 to 25 hours of phone calls and meetings” over the course of the Phase 5 lagoon fiasco here. I wasn’t aware of that even though I provided MANY hours of technical input into the Phase 5 Lagoon Committee’s efforts. I guess that I should call Rick McCollough at the phone number that Herbkersman gives in his column, and ask Rick what Herbkersman did.

However, I will say this (figuratively) to Herbkersman:

“DHEC-OCRM is, beyond a doubt, the WORST state environmental protection agency that I’ve seen in my 40+ years as an engineer. The State Legislature created the mess called DHEC that is answerable only to you politicians. The State Legislature is the ONLY one that can fix it. It’s your job; it’s your responsibility. Please, PRETTY PLEASE (now isn’t that “polite”?), fix the mess that you created.”

http://npaper-wehaa.com/bluffton-today/2010/03/01/#?article=778652
.
.

No comments: