Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When will they EVER learn? When will they EVER learn?

.
Why is it that most people here at Sun City Hilton Head, SC seem to be content with propaganda (e.g., TYSKs, Things You Should Know, that are emails sent to residents by the Pulte-controlled community manager that are FULL of Pulte propaganda)? And censorship (Pulte controls our website, our community magazine, the aforementioned emails, our lower mailboxes, SCHH TV, etc.)? shoddy construction in their houses and community property (documented herein)? no REAL representation in the community?

Why would anyone "play ball" with Pulte? serve on the Pulte-controlled Community Association Board of Directors, on a Board-appointed (hence, Pulte-controlled) committee, or as a Neighborhood Representative (spreading Pulte propaganda)? and, the most OUTRAGEOUS of all, "sell" houses for Pulte (something that our NR has said PUBLICLY that we should be doing)? After all, Pulte has given us defective, code-violating roofs, defective stucco, defective lagoons, propaganda, censorship, NO REAL voice in community decisions, etc. Does ANY resident here REALLY KNOW how our assessments are SPENT (NOT BUDGETED, SPENT)? Why would ANYONE in their right mind "play ball" with Pulte?

What does it take for people to wake up and to stand up for themselves and for their neighbors? to speak out and to DO something? At the very least, to treat the company that has screwed them like you would expect someone to treat a company that has screwed them?

Four years ago when I discovered barely attached roof trusses in a friend’s house, I was alarmed. My first thought was to warn other people here who may have the same. I didn’t expect that it would take SO long and take SO much of my effort to get the word out. When the word finally did get out, I didn’t expect the collective yawn that came from most in the community. I REALLY didn’t expect to be attacked by some in the community, which I was.

If I had it all to do over again, and I knew then what I know now, then I wouldn’t have bothered. I get it. Most people here don’t care that they’re getting screwed, and they don’t care that their neighbors are getting screwed. I get it.

BTW, if I had it to do all over again, and if I knew then what I know now, I still WOULD have started this blogsite, because I don’t like getting screwed, and I don’t like seeing others get screwed, even if they don’t give a rat’s behind themselves.

.
.

No comments: